Lasers deliver specific wavelengths of light energy to target pigmented skin cells, lines and wrinkles, scars, and other signs of aging and sun damage. The energy is converted to heat, which triggers changes in the skin. Lines are softened. Pigmented lesions are cleared. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) differs from laser treatment because this type of therapy delivers multiple broad-spectrum wavelengths (or colors) of light to the treatment site. Also, IPL technologies deliver intense light energy in ultra-short pulses, versus an uninterrupted “stream.” Excess energy is minimized, facilitating a safe and comfortable experience. Our team at Khrom Dermatology and Aesthetics in Brooklyn, NY uses the innovative IPL therapy.
IPL has many advantages over other light-based therapies, including:
- Treatment settings can be fine-tuned to each patient’s precise needs.
- Both large and small areas may be treated safely, accurately, efficiently, and powerfully.
- It is fast; treatments can be completed over your lunch hour.
- Due to “contact cooling,” patients enjoy a gentler and more comfortable experience.
- Built-in features allow for a low- to no-downtime procedure, with minimal risks of heat-related damage.
Since settings can be tuned so precisely to patient features, such as the density of melanin or pigment in the skin, we are able to predictably treat a diverse range of skin types. In fact, IPL therapies have a proven track record of eliminating or minimizing the appearance of more than 20 skin conditions. These concerns include:
- Surgical and acne scars
- Hyperpigmentation or dark, brown spots
- Spider veins
- Vascular lesions
- Rosacea and diffuse redness
- Stretch marks
- Unwanted hair
IPL is also commonly used for overall skin rejuvenation. As a “photofacial,” IPL therapy makes skin look more radiant and “balanced,” and skin feels softer, silkier. It is not an appropriate treatment for patients with active infections in the treatment zone, as this can increase the risk of developing swelling, scarring, and pigment-related changes. Schedule an evaluation with a member of our team today at one of our Brooklyn, NY offices. From there, if IPL therapy is suitable, we can build treatment around you – your goals and skin type. With such sophisticated, versatile, and highly customizable solutions, Khrom Dermatology and Aesthetics make the most out of every pulse of light. This approach provides consistent, reliable results.
BEFORE AND AFTER
* Individual results may vary