The team of professionals at Khrom Dermatology in Brooklyn includes Board-certified dermatologists, and Dr. Khrom herself is also fellowship trained in Mohs surgery. We offer a comprehensive range of diagnostic and treatment options for adults and children.
Common dermatological medical conditions
- Acne – There are various forms of acne, which may cause pus-filled pimples, small red bumps, cysts, and other outbreaks. Common treatment options include washes, creams, and medications. In some cases, these treatments can cause unwanted side effects such as skin irritation and dryness. For patients who experience such side effects, or those who do not see desired results, we offer advanced treatment with, Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) also called Blue Light therapy, and salicylic acid peels.
- Atopic dermatitis – Also called eczema, this inflammatory skin condition is characterized by itching, often intensely. It is sometimes, but not always, accompanied by hay fever or asthma. Although atopic dermatitis occurs most often in children, it can continue into adulthood and throughout life. It may be treated with topical medication or the UVB XTRACT laser.
- Psoriasis – An autoimmune disease, psoriasis may be associated with many health conditions, including depression, heart disease, and diabetes. It appears on the skin in several ways, most often as raised areas with a buildup of silvery, scaly skin. It may be treated with various biologic medications or ultraviolet light therapy.
- Vitiligo – This autoimmune disease attacks pigment-generating cells called melanocytes. It results in white patches on the skin, which can vary in size and shape. It often begins before the age of twenty, though about half of patients develop it later in life.
- Allergic contact dermatitis – Characterized by an itching or painful rash, this skin condition is caused by an allergic reaction. It can be extremely difficult to self-diagnose the trigger, because it is possible to be allergic to virtually anything. We use a sophisticated testing system examining for up to 100 of the most common allergens.
- Hyperhidrosis – More commonly called excess sweating, this condition is caused by overactive glands. It can cause a person to sweat profusely, even in cool temperatures and in the absence of activity. Typically, it affects the feet, hands, and armpits.
- Skin Cancer – The most serious and dangerous dermatological condition of all, you don’t want to take chances with skin cancer treatment. You will know you are in good hands with Dr. Khrom, a fellowship trained Mohs surgeon.
Healthy skin is a phone call away
If you have any concerns, or suffer from unresolved skin conditions, just call us at 718-751-0674 or visit our Brooklyn office.