No matter how well you protect your skin, issues such as sun damage, scarring, and visible signs of aging are inevitable. With intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy at Khrom Dermatology & Aesthetics in Brooklyn, NY, you can safely and comfortably revitalize your skin without the downtime associated with more severe skin rejuvenation treatments. Continue reading to learn the benefits of this treatment and how to prepare for your IPL session to maximize results.
IPL therapy benefits
In the past decade, there has been an explosion of light-based therapies on the market designed to minimize the signs of aging and other skin imperfections. However, many of these treatments have significant downtimes, making it difficult to find a good time to have the procedure done. That is where IPL therapy is different! Instead of using a targeted beam of a single wavelength of light like laser therapies, IPL uses several broad-spectrum wavelengths in ultra-short pulses. That means that multiple issues can be treated simultaneously while minimizing excess energy to the skin, resulting in little to no downtime and minimal risk of heat-related damage. IPL therapy is:
- Customizable based on your specific needs and desired results
- Effective on both large and small treatment areas
- Quick, so you can fit your treatment into your schedule whenever it is convenient.
- Gentle and comfortable during the procedure
- Versatile – patients with a wide array of skin problems can benefit from treatment, such as scars, hyperpigmentation, vascular lesions, rosacea, spider veins, stretch marks, and more
How to prepare for your IPL treatment
To maximize your results from the IPL treatment, we recommend:
- Regularly exfoliating and moisturizing your skin
- Avoiding excess sun exposure and wear sunscreen with SPF30 or higher
- Refraining from using topical retinoids
- Staying hydrated
- Avoid photosensitive medications like Antibiotics, Antihistamines, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs. Make sure to consult with your provider about your medications before treatment.
Book an Appointment
During your consultation, we will provide you with detailed pre-treatment instructions and answer any questions you have so you are well-informed before your treatment. To schedule your appointment at Khrom Dermatology & Aesthetics, call our Brooklyn office today at 718-615-4002!
Share this Article
Back to IPL Laser Treatment Page