Hair loss can be an upsetting occurrence for both men and women. While typically not a health concern, it can still have an impact on overall wellness by affecting self-esteem and self-image. Your hair is often a representation of who you are. The way you color it, cut it, or style it is a form of expression, and that is why the team at Khrom Dermatology & Aesthetics in Brooklyn, NY feels it’s important to address ways to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
We encourage anyone who is suffering from hair loss to not suffer in silence. Contact the team at Khrom Dermatology & Aesthetics to learn more about our hair loss prevention and hair growth treatment options. During a consultation, we’ll conduct a thorough examination to identify the cause of the hair loss along with the severity of the condition, and from there we can develop a treatment plan to restore natural, healthy hair.
Preventing hair loss
Believe it or not, there are ways to prevent hair loss. The following are some steps you can take in your daily life.
- Eat a healthy diet – Individual strands of hair are made up of protein. Iron supports the growth of hair. Proper nutrition with the right levels of protein and iron can greatly improve the look and feel of your hair. It’s also a good idea to add in omega-3 fatty acids such as those found in salmon and nuts because they can improve the strength of your hair and prevent breakage.
- Practice ways to reduce stress levels – Stress can physically impact the body, leading to break outs, weight loss, and hair loss. This is because your body releases hormones during stressful situations that can cause hair loss. If you find yourself consistently under stress, trying practicing breathing exercises, make sure you are getting enough sleep, exercise regularly, and know when to ask for help.
- Take vitamins – The most common vitamin deficiencies that contribute to hair loss are Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin E, Biotin, Niacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Zinc. A blood test can reveal if you are deficient in specific ones.
- Give your hair a rest – Heat damage and harsh products can damage hair and strip it of its natural proteins and oils.
- Skip the ponytail whenever possible – While we know it’s easy to throw your hair up in a ponytail, tugging and pulling the hair back harshly can thin it out.
While all these tips can help with mild hair loss and thinning, it’s important to seek professional treatment from a dermatologist when the hair loss becomes more severe.
Promoting hair growth
While it’s normal to lose up to 100 strands of hair every day, if you are seeing large amounts of hair loss daily, you should call the team at Khrom Dermatology & Aesthetics in Brooklyn. We utilize a comprehensive approach to treating hair loss. Our program, called StimulHair uses several different modalities to support the growth of new hair. They include:
PRP uses the body’s natural growth factors and healing mechanisms to help restore lost hair. We begin by taking a small amount of your blood and then placing it into a centrifuge where the blood is separated from the platelets. These platelets, which are rich in growth factors are injected into the scalp via a microneedling procedure to stimulate hair growth.
Topical Agents / Vitamins
As stated previously, vitamins play an important role in hair health and growth. We use a combination of vitamins as well as topical agents to slow down hair loss and promote hair growth.
Home Laser Therapy
The goal of home laser therapy is to promote hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles. The device uses low level light therapy which is safe and effective at stimulating growth.
Start restoring hair now with treatment from Khrom Dermatology & Aesthetics in Brooklyn
The bottom line is that for most people, it takes a combination of at home lifestyle changes and professional treatment methods to prevent further loss of hair and stimulate the growth of new hair. If you are ready to stop suffering in silence and learn about hair loss treatments that really work, we invite you to call us today at 718-615-4002.
Share this Article
Back to Hair Treatments Restoration Page