Khrom Dermatology is located in Brooklyn, NY and serves patients throughout the area. We take pride in providing some of the most innovative and effective non-surgical cosmetic treatments available, including PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma). This uniquely natural healing serum can increase the production of collagen and elastin up to 1000 times and enhance the body’s reparative mechanisms.
What is PRP
Unlike many formulas, PRP is not made from synthetic or external materials – it actually comes from your own body. A small amount of blood is drawn, and processed in a centrifuge right here in our office. It separates healing components of the blood, called platelets, which are surrounded by plasma.
When this concentrated and optimized formula is reintroduced to the body, it dramatically hastens and magnifies natural tissue rejuvenation. Because it is made from your own blood, there is virtually no risk of allergy.
Harnessing the healing power of your own body
How does PRP help you?
- EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) is integral to cell growth and proliferation.
- TGF (Transforming Growth Factor) assists in new vascular development.
- VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) is a signaling protein that may promote new vascular growth from current vasculature.
- FGF (Fibroblast Growth Factor) enhances healing and tissue repair processes.
- PDGF (Platelet-Derived Growth Factor) draws fibroblasts and macrophages to the treatment area, promoting collagen development.
- Mast cells, basophils, endothelial cells, interleukins, macrophages, keratinocytes, lymphocytes, fibroblasts, and osteoblasts help induce synthesis of proteoglycan and growth of collagen.
- Collagen Stimulating Growth Factor triggers macrophage and granulocyte development, assisting healthy vascular and tissue growth.
- KGF (Keratinocyte Growth Factor) may help create optimal conditions for new skin generation.
What is a vampire facial?
Although PRP stimulates healing, you don’t need to be injured to benefit from it. When applied to skin, it triggers rapid rejuvenation, collagen remodeling, and repair. We use micro needling technology to deliver the formula directly to deep skin layers where it is most effective. The process is gentle and comfortable, with minimal recovery. Although your face may initially appear reddish, similar to sunburned skin, this should pass in a couple of days, and fresh, healthy, youthful skin will begin appearing. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call (855) 507-7282.