At Khrom Dermatology and Aesthetics of Brooklyn, New York, we proudly offer medical and cosmetic dermatology services to patients in and around the area. Many patients have questions about the purpose, cost, and benefits of laser hair removal, and we are pleased to provide answers for those considering this treatment at our office.
What is the goal of laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal can eliminate hair in an area where hair is thick or extremely prevalent. The laser light energy penetrates the hair follicles in the active growth phase and damages them. The hair will fall out over the next few days, and patients will not experience hair growth from these follicles again. To achieve extensive, permanent, and complete hair removal, we start with six treatments spaced one month apart to catch as much of the hair in the active growth phase. The number of sessions varies depending on the hair color, thickness of the hair, and a patient’s Fitzpatrick skin color.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
There are several different factors that need to be taken into consideration in determining the total cost of laser hair removal. Most importantly, the pricing varies by the zone and size of the treatment areas. Treatments can range from $50-600 per session. During a consultation appointment, our team will evaluate you and give you an estimate for your treatment.
Before and After image
What are the benefits of laser hair removal with our team?
- The primary benefit of laser hair removal is that it provides more permanent hair removal than shaving, waxing, and other similar methods.
- Our team has the knowledge and experience to properly assess your skin type and hair color to customize your treatment.
- The lasers used by our team are more powerful than home laser and electrolysis systems and can treat larger areas in fewer sessions.
- Because professional treatments are done under medical supervision, they have less risk of side effects or complications.
- Minimal discomfort during the procedure and no need for topical anesthetics or chemical creams. Our lasers have built-in cooling systems for your comfort!
- The cost of laser hair removal is affordable and attainable for patients on a budget.
- The results of laser hair removal treatments are permanent when several treatment sessions are performed over time to target hair in the active growth phase.
Book an Appointment
How do I learn more about laser hair removal near me?
If you are located in Brooklyn, NY, and want to speak to the Khrom Dermatology and Aesthetics team, call 718-615-4002 to request an appointment. We are located at 2797 Ocean Parkway, 2nd Floor and are open to new and returning patients.